Friday, September 17, 2010

The Sidewalk

"Homelessness is the condition of people who lack regular legal access to adequate housing."

I was just working on my range for tech when it hit me.. This morning I drove pass a lady who begs on the side of the road, unfortunately i did not have my camera, but she had the whole "idea" of layering. She mite not have worn matching clothes, but her style was better than some people who spend hours a day trying to get it rite. 

My heart goes out to all homeless people, but maybe as fashion designers, we can learn a thing or two from them. Here is some photos I found online of homeless people - take a look at what they are wearing. I know definitely that for my next Winter range i will be drawing inspiration from "The Sidewalk".


I know Vivienne Westwood recently had a collection on the runway with this being her inspiration. Personally though, i think we can draw inspiration from fabrics, textures, colours etc but we need to also keep it minimal because it's only suppose to be an inspiration, we don't want to start looking like we actually cant dress. 

The image above is pretty awesome for winter and to be honest, his "outfit" kind of match in the sense of colour... 


This is a much older version of two homeless guys and they are casually strolling along with their "personal belongings" in a bag hanging from a stick... Imagine an umbrella-type-bag thing for an accessory? Maybe a little futuristic?

Ok, so here's something funny but you're not allowed to laugh at it... I cant decide whether he is homeless or "working from home"? Just thought I'd share this photo cause we need something to smile at every once in a while :)

So that's it.... nothing special, just a thought of my next Winter Collection...


xxx


No comments: